13 Jan FT & PT cooks required
Full time (40 – 45 hours per week approx) and Part time (20 – 25 hours per week approx)
£7.85 per hour starting wage
Evening and weekend work required
West End Korean Style Fast Food Sit In / Delivery / Takeaway, Kimchi Cult, is looking for conscientious, enthusiastic and experienced individuals to join us as Full Time and Part Time Cooks.
You will be willing to receive training in prepping, cooking and serving of food to Kimchi Cult standards and have great customer service skills. Working as part of a small team, you will be flexible and be willing to pitch in with all aspects of the business.
Working in an open plan kitchen, you will have impeccable standards of cleanliness and be just as comfortable dishing up food as taking orders and wiping down tables. Close team work, communication, speed and efficiency of prep and service, attention to detail and customer service skills are a must. You will work to maintain high Kimchi Cult standards.
• Have a minimum of two years of experience working in food service
• Have experience of working in customer focused and food environments
• Have great customer service and strong communication skills with the confidence to make customers feel at ease, make recommendations and leave already thinking about their next visit
• Have a positive and flexible attitude in terms of team work and customer service
• Have an eye for detail, ensuring that every customer is attended to and each dish leaves the kitchen according to Kimchi Cult standards
• Have the ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure whilst adhering to high health and safety standards
• Stay organised and maintain high standards of cleanliness during busy periods
• Be available for the majority of evening and weekend shifts
• Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate
• Knowledge of Korean food, although training will be provided
• Contribute to Kitchen/front of house cleanliness
• Ensure Speed and efficiency of service and prep
• Responsible to Manager and Assistant Manager for quality of prep and ensuring adequate amounts of prep done
• Observance of food hygiene laws and good practice
• Contributing role in menu development and creative direction
• Use initiative to maintain and further the core values, standards and aims of Kimchi Cult
• Full knowledge of prep, menu and ingredients
• Complete pre-service prep in timely manner in accordance with prep list
• Complete secondary prep in a timely manner
• Ensure station is fully stocked before busy periods – e.g. sauce bottles full, sufficient prep, takeaway boxes ready
• Keep station clean and organised and conduct periodic clean downs after busy periods
• Complete active checks in a timely manner in conjunction with other stations
• Provide time estimates to Servers when required
• Ensure high quality of food from designated station during service
• Provide assistance to other stations, Server and Wash up when necessary
• Clean down station thoroughly at the end of shift and assist with clean down as a whole
Kimchi Cult is open Tue – Sun, noon til 9:30pm. All staff pick up shifts between Tuesday and Sunday, 5 – 10:30pm with occasional day shifts, 10am – 10:30pm as required.
If this sounds like you please send a CV and cover letter explaining how you meet the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about the company by visiting our website, Facebook or Twitter pages.